Podiatry is the area of health that focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of medical conditions related to the feet and lower legs.
Also known as Chiropodists, Podiatrists provide assessment and treatment for a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Problems that arise from the position of your feet and/or lower legs, called the biomechanics of your feet
- Discrepancies in leg length
- Plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, shin or knee pain
- Preventative care for those with diabetes, arthritis, or poor circulation
- Nail surgery for ingrown toenails
- Plantar warts
- Routine care of problem nails, corns, and calluses
Many of these conditions can affect feet, ankles, calves, knees, and sometimes even the hip and lower back. Treatment performed by a Podiatrist can help ease or even eliminate the pain in these problem areas.
Podiatrists can also prescribe and produce custom-made orthotics, which are special insoles that can help to reduce many lower leg and biomechanical foot concerns. They are meant to support your arches, redistribute your pressure, and prevent pain.
We rely on our feet every day as the foundation of our bodies – we stand, sit, walk, run, dance, and exercise which can eventually take a toll on even the toughest of feet. Routine visits to your Podiatrist can help prevent and alleviate pain, and ensure your feet are comfortable and ready to tackle the day.
To schedule an appointment, contact Toronto Foot Clinic at: